Beginning Hat Knitting
This class is designed to teach you how to knit a hat in the round using a small circular needle and double pointed needles for the top of the hat
Cost: $35 (not including supplies)
- Knit, purl and simple knit purl combinations
- At least one type of cast on
Supplies needed: Please purchase supplies BEFORE the first class!!
- 1 skein of Cascade 220 SW or Malabrigo Rios
- A 16” circular size 7 needle and a set of double pointed needles in the same size (or the size you need to get a gauge of 5 stitches per inch in stockinette).
- Tapestry needle
Class dates and times:
Class will be held at Island Wools, 140B First St, Friday Harbor, WA
- Session 1: Two Wednesday afternoons, 1:00-2:30pm. February 25th and March 4th.
- Session 2: Two Tuesday evenings, 6:30-8:00pm. February 24th and March 3rd.
- If the minimum number of students does not register at least 7 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student’s choice. Class deposits will not be refunded for any reason other than that stated above, but a student can find a substitute for their seat without penalty.
- Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
Island Wools is delighted to offer a 10% discount on supplies purchased for classes when you use cash or check.