Beginning Sock KnittingThis class is designed to teach you how to knit a pair of socks in the round using your choice of method: either double pointed needles (dpns), or 2 circular needles.Cost: $45 (not including supplies)
- Knit, purl and simple knit purl combinations
- At least one type of cast on
Supplies needed: Please purchase supplies BEFORE the first class!!
- 1 skein of Cascade 220 SW or Malabrigo Rios
- Size 6 needles (or the size you need to get a gauge of 5 stitches per inch in stockinette) of the type necessary to learn the method you wish to use (a set of dpns or 2 circular needles)
- Tapestry needle
- 1 Stitch Marker
Class will be held at Island Wools, 140B First St, Friday Harbor, WA
- Three Thursday Evenings 6:30-8:00pm. March 5th, 12th, and 19th.
- If the minimum number of students does not register at least 7 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student’s choice. Class deposits will not be refunded for any reason other than that stated above, but a student can find a substitute for their seat without penalty.
- Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.