Knit a Vest
Let’s Knit a Vest
This class is designed to teach you how to choose the right size garment to make and how to make sure the garment turns out the correct size. You will learn some shaping methods for armholes and necklines and how to sew up seams in your knitting.
Cost: $60 (not including supplies)
- Knit, purl and simple knit purl combinations
- At least one type of cast on
Please purchase supplies BEFORE the first class!! You MUST have a swatch for the first class.
- Yarn suitable for the Albion pattern (pattern included in cost of class)
- Needles necessary for you to get the correct gauge of 18 stitches and 24 rows in a 4” square
- Tapestry needle
Class dates and times:
Class will be held at Island Wools, 140B First St, Friday Harbor, WA
- Three Monday evenings (6:30-8:30pm): February 23rd, March 9th, and March 23rd.
*** You must swatch prior to the first class! ***
To create your swatch:
Cast on 24 stitches. Knit 6 inches in stockinette stitch (Knit the right side rows and purl the wrong side rows). Cast off. Wash your swatch (soak it in water), squeeze all water out and lay flat to dry. Bring your finished, washed and dried swatch to the first class.
- If the minimum number of students does not register at least 7 days prior to the first class and the class needs to be cancelled, the deposit will be fully refunded or applied to another class of the student’s choice. Class deposits will not be refunded for any reason other than that stated above, but a student can find a substitute for their seat without penalty.
- Only registered students may sit in on class. As such, children or guardians (depending on the class) may not sit in unless they have paid for a full registration.
Island Wools is delighted to offer a 10% discount on supplies purchased for classes when you use cash or check.